Tuesday, April 13, 2010

iPhone You Are As Good As Dead

So Apple will not be supporting the Original iPhone. I say who cares. It's several years old and it does everything it was supposed to do. If you didn't like what it did when you bought it why'd you buy it?

If you want it to be cutting edge? Get in your time machine. It's old, buy a new one. That is the world we have created. If you want something else, build it yourself. Apple doesn't make old things new, they make new things that kill the old things. And yet the world keeps on spinning.

I will admit that most posts are somewhat terrible. I'm not really even trying. I'm not even sure if anyone reads this blog. I would guess they don't. I sure wouldn't.

Anyway. The whole point is this: Apple keeps making new and better stuff and actually has pretty good support for old things. I tend to upgrade on a 2 to 3 year basis, but I also tend to buy on a this is exactly what I'll ever need basis. SO the idea is that even if support is dropped I can still be happy with what I bought. Apple needs to do this, it's what has made them great. Microsoft just keeps skinning windows. It's old and crappy and they are afraid to change it. Apple just says hey, we are a business and we are going to screw you, but guess what, if you buy our new thing, it will be awesome. It's exactly why I love them, I always look forward to the future with them. Mac Dreams...

No comments: